1/Letter from Sir Edward Frankland (1825-1899) of 14 Lancaster Gate, Hyde Park to Colonel Scott Requests 'two separate orders to see the new Laboratories ... for Dr. Bence Jones the Secretary & Mr Harwood the Architect to the Royal Institution'. Annotated on back by Scott asking a Mr Dillon to reply. Frankland was professor of chemistry at the Royal School of Mines, having been professor at the Royal Institution; Scott was Director of Works at the South Kensington Museum.
2/Response to above. Letter from Chas. Rowe Dillon, Works Department, Council on Education, Kensington Museum to Dr E Frankland, 14 Lancaster Gate, Hyde Park responding to Frankland's letter of 29 Apr and confirming he has instructions to show Dr. Bence Jones and Mr Harwood over the works.
- Open Access