Comprises copy form letter, 21 Mar 1955, to specific individuals from Price, then at the Whipple Museum of the History of Science, Cambridge; copy reprinted article from Actes du VIIIe Congres International d'Histoire des Science (1956, 380-94) being 'Fake Antique Scientific Instruments'; and copy correspondence, chiefly with addressees on the form letter, the contents of which led to Price's paper:
1. Copy of letter dated 21 Mar 1955 from Dr Derek J Price to specific individuals in UK, Holland and Belgium re instrument forgeries.
2. Copy of reprinted article from Actes du VIIIe Congres International d'Histoire des Science (1956, 380-94), 'Fake Antique Scientific Instruments'.
3. Letters from Antique Art Galleries Ltd to Dr D J Price re instruments bought by Mr. Whipple.
4. Letters from Dr P H van Cittert, Director of the Utrecht University Museum to Dr Price re forgeries dated Feb to Sep 1955.
5. Letters from Dr Maria Rooseboom, Curator of the National Museum for the History of Science to Dr Price re forgeries dated Feb to Sep 1955.
6. Letters from W Jaschek? of the Wiener Volkssternwarte to Dr Price re spectrographic analysis of sun dials dated 11 Dec 1955 and 21 Jan 1956.
7. Letter from ? of Moersbergen Doorn to Dr Price re instruments dated 30 Aug 1955. 8. 4p on 4 leaves ts. 28x21.5cm, correspondence from the British Non-Ferrous Metals Research Association re spectographic analysis.
8. Correspondence from the Copper Development Association and Miss J B van Overeen of the Maritem Museum "Prins Hendrik".
9. Correspondence from C J Feeterse of Amersfoort, C H Josten Museum of the History of Science Oxford and E Neumann of the Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien.