Scales 1 : 12, 1 : 60. The mills, in East Ayrshire, were built in 1787 and bought by James Finlay & Co. in 1802. The 500hp water wheels were installed in 1827 by Fairbairn & Lilly, serving as the main drive without failure for 120 years before being dismantled in 1947. The drawing shows the principal features of the water wheels.
- Open Access