Harting "Pico" Electric Record player
Harting "Pico" Electric Record player, capable of playing sequentially up to 10 discs, 45rpm, 1958
The Harting Pico electric record changer was intended for the automatic playback of up to 12 45rpm record singles. The device came in a wooden case with a handle.
In 1945 Wilhelm and Marie Harting founded the company "Wilhelm Harting Mechanische Werkstätten", focussing on the production of household appliances including irons and desk lamps. In 1954, Wilhelm built a jukebox and started production of RCA 45-rpm changers in Europe. When RCA stopped with these players in 1958, Harting continued with this under its own brand. The Harting Pico was made between 1958 and 1962.