Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) machine, with two head electrodes and handles, Model R1135, from St Audry's Hospital, SIFAM Electrical Instruments LTD England, 1945-1960. Voltage meter made by AEI.
St Audry’s Hospital opened in 1765 as a workhouse for the poor. It became the Suffolk County Lunatic Asylum in 1827. The hospital was also known as St Audry’s Hospital for Mental Diseases from 1917. The hospital and the associated Asylum Museum shut down in the late 1980s. This object was once used at St Audry's and later displayed at the museum.
- Psychology, Psychiatry & Anthropometry
- Object Number:
- East Suffolk Health Authority
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
View manifest in IIIF viewer
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.