Packet of 30 vaccination points for smallpox vaccination No.954, supplied by the Government Lymph Establishment, London, and used at Blackfriars Station, London, Dec 2nd 1873.
The National Vaccine Establishment was founded in 1808 to promote small-pox vaccination and provide a trustworthy supply of lymph for this purpose. Vaccination stations were set up in Bristol, Liverpool and London. Packets of ivory vaccination points were sent to each station to vaccinate the general public free of charge. Vaccinators were also trained at the stations.
- Public Health & Hygiene
- Object Number:
- A600040 Pt4
overall - packet: 7 mm x 83 mm x 46 mm, .002 kg
- vaccination points immunisation (vaccination), immunisation (vaccination), smallpox, vaccination points
- furnishing and equipment
- tools & equipment
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.