Glass bottle of paregoric elixir

Made:
1840-1880 in Bristol

Slender glass bottle with ground glass stopper of Paregoric Elixir (camphorated tincture of opium), half-full. 106 mm x 31 mm x 28 mm, 119g. Dispensed by Taplin Chemists, Bristol, 1840-1880.

Details

Category:
Materia Medica & Pharmacology
Collection:
Sir Henry Wellcome's Museum Collection
Object Number:
A630137 Pt1
Materials:
camphor, glass, half-full, opium tincture and paper
type:
opium
credit:
Wellcome Trust