Station sign, Bellingham North Tyne
Station sign, running-in board, wooden with iron letters, white lettering on black, 'Bellingham (North Tyne)', LNER, 1926. Bellingham station opened in 1861 (Border Counties Railway), then North British Railway and LNER in 1923. It was renamed in 1926, from when this sign dates. It closed in 1956. The letters for 'Bellingham' may have been re-used from the earlier sign.
- Railway Infrastructure
- Object Number:
- station sign
- British Rail, Historical Relics
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.