Tobacco box, made from a piece of lead pipe found in Roman remains in Old Broad Street, North London Railway. Presented to H. Jones by his friend Jn Johnson in October 1854. Brass inscription on lid.
The brass inscription reads:
"This tobacco jar is made of a portion of Roman water pipe discovered in Old Broad St London Oct 1854 which is supposed to have supplied the baths of a Roman villa, the remains of which were found on the site of the French Protestant Church.
H H Jones
Presented by his friend Jn. Johnson"