M.L. magneto, type P.L.R., No. C11450
The magneto machine, which is generally based on the Simms-Bosch machine, embodies improvements patented by the lenders and Mr. E. A. Watson between 1916 and 1917.
The magneto has a rotating armature which carries the primary and secondary windings and a condenser of specially rigid construction. The magnet is smaller than usual, and it is made of cobalt steel, and is fitted with laminated pole-pieces which enable the magnetic flux to change direction rapidly and give a good spark at high engine speeds.