Motor car magneto
- c. 1922
C.G.4 magneto No.B.456, for motor cars, made by the M-L Magneto Syndicate Ltd., c. 1922, sectioned
This sectional example of am M. L. Magneto Type C.G 4, was designed for a four-cylinder petrol engine and embodies improvements patented by Messrs. E. A. Watson and A. P. McGowran between 1916 and 1921.
The machine has a laminated armature which carries the primary and secondary windings and the condenser, and rotates between permanent magnets, which, in this machine are bar magnets made of cobalt steel and provided with laminated pole-shoes. Although of small size they are very powerful and provide a good spark at low speeds.
- Road Transport
- Object Number:
- private car components
- TRW Automotive
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.