0.75 hp motor car, 1895

Made:
1895 in Farnham

Knight 0.75 hp motor car. The car, originally constructed as a three-wheeler, was completed and ran in July 1895. It was altered to a four-wheeler in April 1896. It has a one cylinder engine with hot-tube ignition, later converted to electric ignition (by battery, coil and plug). The car is fitted with a direct-acting hand brake. Transmission is by belts.

Details

Category:
Road Transport
Object Number:
1957-181
Materials:
brass (copper, zinc alloy), copper (alloy), glass, leather, paint, rubber (unidentified) and steel (metal)
type:
car
taxonomy:
  • furnishing and equipment
  • vehicle - transportation
  • land vehicle
  • passenger vehicle
credit:
Knight, E.F. and Bros.