G.N. Cyclecar, 1921. The cyclecar was designed to combine the sociability and protection of a car whilst being as inexpensive and simple as a motorcycle. GN Ltd was founded in 1910 by H.R Godfrey and ‘Archie’ Frazer-Nash and produced some of the most successful cyclecars. After the First World War GN Ltd was one of the first companies producing cars and the simple design enabled fast production. Demand soon became too great for GN Ltd and they merged with the British Gregoire Agency creating GN Motors Ltd, at their peak producing 50 cars a week. This is an example of the improved 1920 design, an attempt to perfect the cyclecar, however by 1921 demand started to decline and this could be one of the last cyclecars made before GN was sold.
- Road Transport
- Object Number:
- Godfrey, H.R.
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.