Linear dividing engine

Made:
1863 in Leeds

Linear dividing engine, built by Fairburn & Co. of Leeds in 1863 at a cost of £52 for the Vale of Neath Railway, obtained by the Great Western Railway in July 1866, installed in Swindon Works A Shop Tool Room in November 1906, recovered from British Rail Engineering Ltd., Swindon.

Details

Category:
Tools of the Trade & Personal Accessories
Object Number:
1988-877
type:
linear dividing engine
taxonomy:
  • furnishing and equipment
  • tools & equipment
  • dividing engine
credit:
British Railways Board, Euston Square