Piece of the original telegraph line laid down between Euston Square and Camden Town, made by William Cooke and Charles Wheatstone, England, 1837.
This is a piece of the original telegraph line laid down by William Cooke and Charles Wheatstone, between Euston Square and Camden Town in 1837. It was dug up about 30 years later.
- Object Number:
- Donated by the Electric and International Telegraph Company
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
View manifest in IIIF viewer
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.