Supersonic flaw detector, MK 2B serial no.45321, made by Henry Hughes and Son Ltd. consisting of two parts. (1) control unit, (2) tube unit
This industrial ultrasonic flaw detector, made by Henry Hughes and Son Limited, was used clinically from early 1954 by Dr Douglas Gordon at the West End Hospital for neurology and neurosurgery.
It was the second of these industrial instruments to be applied to medical use as an echo-encephalograph, the first being Dr Ian Donald at Glasgow University.
- Object Number:
each part: 310 mm x 200 mm x 480 mm,
- Institute of Cancer Research
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
View manifest in IIIF viewer
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.