Ruins of the Priory at Lewes

Lithograph. Ruins of the Priory at Lewes where the remains of Gunrada, daughter of William the Conquerer, and her husband William de Warren, were discovered whilst digging for the railway through the ruins on the 28 October 1845. Drawn by W Page. Printed by S Straker, Lith, 80 Bishopgate St.


Pictorial Collection (Railway)
Object Number:

Cite this page


We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.

Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero

Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence

Using our data


Download catalogue entry as json

Download manifest IIIF

Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.