Ashtray, ceramic, 'CCPR Lilleshall', made by Dunn Bennett & Co, blue.
This ashtray depicts Lilleshall Hall, which was completed in 1831 as a Hunting Lodge and family retreat for the Duke of Sutherland, designed by the architect Sir John Wyattville.
CCPR stands for the Central Council of Physical Recreation, who opened a National Recreation Centre at Lilleshall in 1951. It is still a National Sports Centre housing training grounds for Great Britain's leading sportsmen and women.
- Passenger Comforts
- Object Number:
- furnishing and equipment
- container - receptacle
- Pearce-Higgins, Selwyn
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
View manifest in IIIF viewer
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.