Wooden "Anglesey" left above knee prosthesis. The knee flexion is combined with dorsi-flexion of the foot. This type of limb was originally designed by Mr Pott in the 18th century. One was worn by the first Marquess of Anglesey following the loss of his right leg at the Battle of Waterloo. Made by Blatchford.
Wooden 'Anglesey' type artificial leg for an above-knee amputee. The design of the limb was originally developed by London limb-maker James Potts in 1800 and was popularised when worn by the Marquess of Anglesey, Henry Paget, who lost his leg during the battle of Waterloo, 1815. This example was made by Blatchford, London, 1890-1920.