Lower half of a prototype right wrist-disarticulat

Made:
1959

Lower half of a prototype right wrist-disarticulation prosthesis, (incorporating a rubber covered split-hook). The upper half (missing) was a conventional below elbow fitting. The two halves, separated by 3cm, were connected by side straps thus permitting full pronation and supination of the wrist. Made by Fletcher in 1959.

Details

Category:
Orthopaedics
Object Number:
1999-608
type:
prosthetic arm
credit:
Richmond Twickenham and Roehampton Healthcare NHS Trust