Two complete bays of the old Midland Railway Station, Rewley Road, Oxford, built in 1851 by Fox Henderson using members of the Crystal Palace type, 48 ft x 48 ft x 18 ft, 13 pieces. Built in 1851-2 and closed in 1951. The station is probably the most important derivative remnant of the Crystal Palace built concurrently in Hyde Park for the 1851 Exhibition by the same engineers, Messrs Fox & Henderson. A major part of the station has been re-erected at Buckinghamshire Railway Centre, the original site now occupied by Oxford University Business School.
- Building Construction
- Object Number:
- British Railways, Western
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.