Magnet from Nuclear Magnetic Resonance machine.

Made:
1954-1955 in United Kingdom
maker:
Metropolitan-Vickers Electrical Company Limited
Permanent magnet used for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) by J Permanent magnet used for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) by J Permanent magnet used for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) by J Permanent magnet used for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) by J Permanent magnet used for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) by J

Creative Commons LicenseThis image is released under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Licence

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Creative Commons LicenseThis image is released under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Licence

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Creative Commons LicenseThis image is released under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Licence

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Creative Commons LicenseThis image is released under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Licence

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Creative Commons LicenseThis image is released under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Licence

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Permanent magnet used for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) by J
Science Museum Group Collection
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum

Permanent magnet used for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) by J
Science Museum Group Collection
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum

Permanent magnet used for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) by J
Science Museum Group Collection
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum

Permanent magnet used for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) by J
Science Museum Group Collection
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum

Permanent magnet used for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) by J
Science Museum Group Collection
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum

Permanent magnet used for Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR), designed and used by J. G. Powles, and made by Metropolitan-Vickers Electrical Company Limited, United Kingdom, 1954-1955

Details

Category:
Experimental Chemistry
Object Number:
2004-225
Materials:
iron, steel (metal), perspex (plastic), copper (metal) and brass (copper, zinc alloy)
Measurements:
overall: 101.634 mm x 350 mm x 190 mm, 100kg
type:
nmr machine and magnet
credit:
Powles, J.G.; Powles, J.G.