Galitzin three-component galvanometric seismograph, 1910.
Made by Hugo Masing of St Petersburg, Russia, this seismograph was set up at Eskdalemuir Observatory in 1910, and transferred to Kew Observatory, in London, in 1925. There are three units, two at right angles to each other to detect horizontal motion, and one for vertical motion.
- Object Number:
- Meteorological Office
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
View manifest in IIIF viewer
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.