Original Gyro compass

Made:
1916 in United Kingdom and Watford
maker:
S G Brown Limited

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Science Museum Group Collection
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum

Science Museum Group Collection
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum

Science Museum Group Collection
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum

Science Museum Group Collection
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum

Science Museum Group Collection
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum

Science Museum Group Collection
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum

Science Museum Group Collection
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum

The second gyro-compass produced by S.G. Brown in 1916 with smaller rotor wheel and four control bottles, formerly filled with oil, by S.G. Brown, United Kingdom, 1916

Details

Category:
Navigation
Object Number:
1948-345
Materials:
brass (copper, zinc alloy), copper (metal), electrical components, glass, rubber (unidentified) and steel (metal)
type:
gyrocompass
taxonomy:
  • furnishing and equipment
  • tools & equipment
  • navigational instrument
  • furnishing and equipment
  • vehicle - transportation
credit:
Sydney George Brown