Priestman Tiger Mk.IV excavator, with shovel attachment, 1944
This Excavator (A.3986) was of a production run of 50 and supplied by Priestman to the Admiralty at Bath in September 1944. It was repurchased and reconditioned by Priestman and delivered to Hughes Construction Ltd in September 1948. It was later purchased by the Legg family in 1957 and was overhauled and used for demolition work for two years. Subsequently it was used at the Willingsworth Iron Works on the slag banks until 1977.
It was given a complete rebuild between 1977 and 1979 with the intention that it would return to general service when the Willingsworth Iron Works was moved, however the quarry closed down before the excavator could re-enter service.