Cylinder electrostatic machine for medical use, made by G. Adams, Fleet Street, London, 1792, with T-shaped prime conductor, discharging (Lane) electrometer for prime conductor, glass-legged stool, Leyden jar, discharger with glass handle, large and small brass clamps, small double Leyden jar, and miscellaneous other parts including broken remnants. It was owned and used by Dr George Fletcher, M.D., who practiced for 42 years at Chesterfield, and was given to the Museum by his youngest and last surviving child, Mrs. Mary Anne Nodder, in 1889.
- Electricity and Magnetism
displayed dimensions: 500 x 770 x 680 mm
- Mrs M. A. Nodder.
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
View manifest in IIIF viewer
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.