Albarello, polychrome maiolica

Made:
1700-1780 in Italy

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Science Museum Group
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum, London.

Science Museum Group
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum, London.

Albarello, Italian, 1700-1780, polychrome maiolica, tin-glazed earthenware albarello used for absinthe, by Order of Augustinians, featuring the emblem of the Order, a flaming heart pierced by an arrow and the Bible.

Details

Category:
Medical Ceramic-ware
Collection:
Sir Henry Wellcome's Museum Collection
Object Number:
A42926
type:
albarello
taxonomy:
  • furnishing and equipment
  • container - receptacle
  • drug jar
credit:
Loan, Wellcome Trust