Wrist and hand splint, with attachments to open out the fingers, from the Lord Mayor Treloar Orthopaedic Hospital, Alton, Hampshire, England, 1960-80
Placed over the wrist and hand, the leather splint was worn to encourage bones to grow normally. The metal device on the end was used to open out the fingers.
The splint was used at the Lord Mayor Treloar Orthopaedic Hospital in Alton, Hampshire, England, a hospital set up in 1908 to treat children with a range of orthopaedic conditions and physical disabilities. The hospital combined treatment with education and schooling.
- Object Number:
- furnishing and equipment
- tools & equipment
- North Hampshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
View manifest in IIIF viewer
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.