One of two bottles of 'Halycitrol', by the Crookes Laboratories Ltd., Park Royal, London, NW10, England, 1935-1955. Supplied by Savory and Moore Limited, London.
Halycitrol was a nutritional supplement. It consisted of halibut oil, pure orange juice and glucose. It was available over the counter at chemists. Halycitrol was taken in doses of two tablespoons with or without water three times a day. The interwar years (1918-1939) saw concerns over the British ‘race’. Attention was on the physical condition and health of children. Nutritionists often focussed on the proper feeding of children. Nutritional supplements were supplied in some areas. Halycitrol was manufactured by Crookes Laboratories Limited.
- Materia Medica & Pharmacology
- Object Number:
- A664937 Pt1
- furnishing and equipment
- container - receptacle
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.