Copt Hill Engine House Photographs
15 black & white photographs of various sizes showing interior and exterior views of the Copt Hill Engine and Drum House on the Hetton Colliery railway. A stationary engine in the engine house hauled wagons part of the way up the incline to Warden Law. Some of the photographs include the donor, Mr. A. E. Swinton, while others may be copies of earlier images. The stationary engine depicted was built by Murray's of Chester-le-Street and installed in 1836.
- Photographic Collections (Railway)
- Object Number:
- A. E. Swinton
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.