Kamm 35mm projector on stand, manufactured by L Kamm & Co, 1910. This is a hand-cranked silent 35mm projector. It has an intermittent sprocket drive and two continuous sprockets. The novel racking device moves the intermittent sprocket down and at the same time raises the projector lens for optical compansation. In front of the lens is a drum shutter and a mask to cut down on light spillage. The projector has a friction-operated safety shutter and two spool boxes - both safety features for nitrate film. The mechanism slides across to bring a magic lantern lens before the lamphouse. The slide carrier for 3 1/4 inch slides is in front of the lamphouse. The lamphouse is fitted with a carbon arc and condenser.