External magazine for 35mm film for Lumiere Cinematographe.
The Cinematographe, invented by Auguste (1862-1954) and Louis (1864-1948) Lumiere, was a combined camera, projector and printer. The film ran from the top spool holder through the projector to a box in the stand below. With a similar Cinematographe, the Lumiere brothers gave their first cinema show at the Grand Cafe on the Boulevard des Capucines in Paris, France, on 28 December 1895.
- Object Number:
- The National Media Museum, Bradford/Sarosh Collection
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
View manifest in IIIF viewer
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.