External magazine for 35mm film for Lumiere Cinematographe

Made:
c. 1896 in Lyons
maker:
Louis Jean Lumière
,
Auguste Marie Louis Nicolas Lumière
and
Jules Carpentier

External magazine for 35mm film for Lumiere Cinematographe, c. 1896.

The Cinematographe, invented by Auguste (1862-1954) and Louis (1864-1948) Lumiere, was a combined camera, projector and printer. The film ran from the top spool holder through the projector to a box in the stand below. With a similar Cinematographe, the Lumiere brothers gave their first cinema show at the Grand Cafe on the Boulevard des Capucines in Paris, France, on 28 December 1895.

Details

Category:
Cinematography
Object Number:
2007-5005/1/6
Materials:
white metal (unknown) and wood (unidentified)
type:
external magazine for 35mm film
credit:
The National Media Museum, Bradford/Sarosh Collection

Cite this page

Rights

We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.


Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero


Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence

Using our data

Download

Download catalogue entry as json

View manifest in IIIF viewer

Add to Animal Crossing Art Generator

Download manifest IIIF

Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.