Hospital sign for Visitors from Liverpool Royal Infirmary, Liverpool, 1970-1980
This sign explains the visiting procedures outside of normal visiting hours. The ward sister was the senior nurse, often a dominant presence in charge of the ward and whose main job was patient welfare. The sign was used at the Liverpool Royal Infirmary, which originally opened in 1749 but was closed in 1978. The building was bought by the University of Liverpool and turned into a teaching space for laboratory skills.
- Nursing & Hospital Furnishings
- Object Number:
- 1981-1690 Pt3
- visual and verbal communication
- sign - promotional or advertising artefact
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.