Cast iron troughs, rails and sides from Newcastle & Carlisle Railway, Ridley Hall bridge, 1838

Made:
1838
Cast iron troughs, rails and sides from Newcastle & Carlisle Railway, Ridley Hall bridge, 1838 (bridge)

Creative Commons LicenseThis image is released under a CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Licence

Buy this image as a print 

Buy

License this image for commercial use at Science and Society Picture Library

License

Science Museum Group Collection
© The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum

Bridge, Newcastle & Carlisle Railway, consisting of two cast iron troughs with rails and two cast iron sides from Ridley Hall bridge, built 1838, replaced 1932.

Details

Category:
Railway Infrastructure
Object Number:
2009-7168
Materials:
cast iron
type:
bridge
credit:
British Transport Commission

Parts

Ridley Hall

Ridley Hall

Bridge component, Newcastle & Carlisle Railway, cast iron trough with rail on wooden beam, double inverted T cross section, from Ridley Hall bridge, built 1838, replaced 1932.

Materials:
cast iron
Object Number:
2009-7168/1
type:
bridge
Image ©
The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum
Ridley Hall

Ridley Hall

Bridge component, Newcastle & Carlisle Railway, cast iron trough with rail on wooden beam, double inverted T cross section, from Ridley Hall bridge, built 1838, replaced 1932.

Materials:
cast iron
Object Number:
2009-7168/2
type:
bridge
Image ©
The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum
Ridley Hall

Ridley Hall

Bridge component, Newcastle & Carlisle Railway, cast iron side panel, from Ridley Hall bridge, built 1838, replaced 1932.

Measurements:
overall: 120 mm x 4300 mm x 1320 mm, 1214 kg
Materials:
cast iron
Object Number:
2009-7168/3
type:
bridge
Image ©
The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum
Ridley Hall

Ridley Hall

Bridge component, Newcastle & Carlisle Railway, cast iron side panel, from Ridley Hall bridge, built 1838, replaced 1932.

Measurements:
overall: 120 mm x 880 mm x 1100 mm, 216 kg
Materials:
cast iron
Object Number:
2009-7168/4
type:
bridge
Image ©
The Board of Trustees of the Science Museum