A photograph of a stained glass window intended for Liverpool's Anglican cathedral, taken in April 1934 by George Woodbine for the Daily Herald.
The window depicts the Holy Trinity, and was made by James Powell and Sons. The foundation stone for the cathedral was laid in July 1904, and it was consecrated in 1924, though regular services were not held until 1940. The cathedral is the largest in Britain.
- Object Number:
- object genre
- The Daily Herald Collection at the National Media Museum, Bradford
- National Science and Media Museum
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.