A photograph of a scene during the filming of 'The Citadel', taken by Tomlin for the Daily Herald newspaper on 9 June, 1938.
A photograph taken during the filming of 'The Citadel', taken in June 1938 by Harold Tomlin for the Daily Herald.
The photograph shows, from left to right: Ralph Richardson (1902-1983), Robert Donat (1905-1958) and Rosalind Russell (1907-1976). The director, King Vidor (1894-1982), is seated by the camera. The film, produced by Victor Saville, was based on the 1937 novel of the same name by A J Cronin.
- Object Number:
- object genre
- The Daily Herald Collection at the National Media Museum, Bradford
- National Science and Media Museum
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
View manifest in IIIF viewer
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.