The Palm House, Kew Gardens
- c. 1945 in London
A Dufaycolor colour transparency of The Palm House in Kew Gardens, London taken by an unknown photographer in about 1945.
This huge 110 metre (363 foot) long greenhouse allows the cultivation of tropical plants from around the world. Designed by Decimus Burton (1800-1881) and Richard Turner (1798-1881) the Palm House was built in the Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew between 1844 and 1848. Constructed of wrought iron it has curved glass panels tinted green to provide shade.
- Object Number:
- dufaycolor print
- The National Media Museum, Bradford
- National Science and Media Museum
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
View manifest in IIIF viewer
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.