Carton for 'Ticka' camera. Contains cloth draw-string bag, receipt for developing film spool; photo postcard; directions for use, instruction book, receipt, read carefully ticket marked 'Caution'. Sold to T & H Doublet Optician & Co, 38 Moorgate Street, Bank, London. Purchased 19th September 1908.
A very popular metal miniature camera in the form of a pocket watch. It was designed to use roll film, 17.5mm wide, contained in a special cardboard drop-in cartridge. The lens, carried in the winding stem, had to be covered by a screw-on cap between exposures. No viewfinder was fitted but a clip-on finder was available as an optional extra.
The Ticka camera was introduced in 1905 and offered for sale until approximately 1914. The camera was a licensed copy of the Expo Watch camera, made by the Expo Camera Company in the United States.