Bottle of English Paregoric Elixir

Made:
1831-1870 in Glasgow

Square glass bottle with glass stopper for 'English Paregoric Elixir' (camphorated tincture of opium), with a small amount of liquid remaining. 52 mm x 33 mm x 30 mm, 49g. Dispensed by Joseph Duncan Chemists, Glasgow, c. 1850.

Details

Category:
Materia Medica & Pharmacology
Collection:
Sir Henry Wellcome's Museum Collection
Object Number:
A16932 Pt11
Materials:
camphor, complete, glass and opium tincture
type:
controlled drug
taxonomy:
  • furnishing and equipment
  • container - receptacle
  • vessel
  • drug
credit:
Loan, Wellcome Trust