Bottle of Paregoric Elixir

Made:
1830-1864 in London

Square glass bottle with broken glass stopper containing Paregoric Elixir (camphorated tincture of opium). Instructions reads, 'Prepared in Accordance/ with the New Pharmacopoeia/ Dose: Adults 1 to 2 drams/ children 10 to 20 drops/ from 2 to 4 years'. 100 mm x 25 mm x 33 mm, 123g. Dispensed by Twinberrow, London, 1830-1864.

Details

Category:
Materia Medica & Pharmacology
Collection:
Sir Henry Wellcome's Museum Collection
Object Number:
A23830 Pt2
Materials:
camphor, complete, glass, glass (broken) and opium tincture
type:
opium
credit:
Wellcome Trust