Bottle used for Paregoric Elixir and Syrup of Squills

Made:
1801-1900 in England

Square glass bottle with glass stopper used for Paregoric Elixir (camphorated tincture of opium) and Syrup of Squills, with traces of most recent contents remaining. 90 mm x 40 mm x 40 mm, 106g. Dispensed by Dadson of Manor Park, nineteenth century.

Details

Category:
Materia Medica & Pharmacology
Object Number:
A32938 Pt13
Materials:
glass, opium, squill and trace
type:
opium
credit:
Wellcome Trust