Bottle for Paregoric Elixir

Made:
1831-1900 in Calcutta

Round glass bottle with croken cork stopper for Paregoric Elixir (camphorated tincture of opium), with traces of contents remaining. 95 mm x 25 mm diameter, 30g. Dispensed by Smith, Stanistreet and Co, Calcutta, India, 1831-1900.

Details

Category:
Materia Medica & Pharmacology
Collection:
Sir Henry Wellcome's Museum Collection
Object Number:
A40665 Pt14
Materials:
camphor, cork, glass, opium tincture and trace
type:
opium
credit:
Wellcome Trust