Bottle of Paregoric Elixir

Made:
1801-1900 in England and Newport

Glass bottle with glass stopper approximately one quater full of Paregoric Elixir (camphorated tincture of opium). 110 mm x 50 mm x 50 mm, 275g. Dispensed by J. Young Pharmaceutical Chemist, Newport, Welsh, 1801-1900.

Details

Category:
Materia Medica & Pharmacology
Collection:
Sir Henry Wellcome's Museum Collection
Object Number:
A642404 Pt50
Materials:
camphor, complete, glass and opium tincture
type:
opium
credit:
Wellcome Trust