EMI Emitron Camea Head, manufactured by EMI Electronics Limited, 1936.
This is an example of the first commercial electronic television camera used on the 405 line television system developed by EMI-Marconi.
The camera head is mounted on the original dolly, but this example does not contain a tube. This camera is believed to have been one of those used in the BBC studios at Alexandra Palace from 1936-1939, stored for the duration, and then returned to service from 1946 until the mid-1950s.
- Object Number:
- television camera head
- The BBC Collection
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.