A three-piston, water-cooled, water pump, believed to have been made by Henry Wallwork & Co. Ltd, Manchester, and used at Eaton Hall, Cheshire.
The Pump was used at Eaton hall Estate to take water from the River Dee across the Estate to a large tank at the top of the clock tower. The tank supplied water to the greenhouses, fountains and fire mains, and also provided power to run lifts in the old
Hall. The Pump was installed in 1927 and remained in service until 1983. It had a capacity of 5,500 gallons per hour.
- Pumping Machinery
- Object Number:
- furnishing and equipment
- tools & equipment
- pumping machinery
- Gift of The Grosvenor Estate
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.