Bottle for 'Tizer', 1925
The brand 'Tizer' was established by Fred Pickup in Manchester in 1924. It was originally marketed as 'Tizer the Appetizer'. After Pickup's death, the company was owned by the Armour Trust before being sold to A.G. Barr in 1972. A.G. Barr maintained links with Greater Manchester with a factory in Atherton (which closed in 2007). It now has a sales and marketing office in Bolton and a distribution centre in Moston.