Class 414 driving trailer 75395
- 1957 - 1958
Electric multiple unit driving trailer number 75395, Network South London Class 414 2 HAP electric multiple unit. The unit initially had the running number 6077 then 4308WD
The BR Class 414s were two-car Electric Multiple Units built at Eastleigh Works between 1956 and 1963, working express services for the Southern Region of British Railways.
The Southern Railway had created a classification system for its Electric Multiple Units, and this unit is an example of a 2HAP, meaning it was a 2-car Half lavatory with electro-Pneumatic brake. This system was continued into the British Railways era until the introduction of the TOPS system.
The Class 414s had several different liveries over their working lives. This example is painted one side in British Rail blue and on the other side painted in the red, white, blue and grey colours of Network SouthEast, on which network the 2HAPs still ran until 1995.