Hydraulic pumping engine, including instrument panel, made by W. J. Galloway & Sons, Manchester, c.1909, and converted to electric drive by the Hydraulic Engineering Co. in 1927, with accompanying papers consisting of: 1 bound photographic record of the rebuilding and rehousing of the engine; a group of 5 black & white photographs showing the engine at Water Street Pumping Station; 2 interpretation panels; 110 engineering drawings relating to the construction, maintenance and modification of the engine throughout its working life.
- Pumping Machinery
- Object Number:
- hydraulic pumping engine
- Gift of University of Salford
Cite this page
We encourage the use and reuse of our collection data.
Data in the title, made, maker and details fields are released under Creative Commons Zero
Descriptions and all other text content are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence
Download catalogue entry as json
View manifest in IIIF viewer
Download manifest IIIF
Our records are constantly being enhanced and improved, but please note that we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information shown on this website.