Kent & East Sussex Railway horse bus

Horse-drawn omnibus, Kent & East Sussex Rly, ex Tenterden Station, green and yellow road coach.

This vehicle was built by W J Mercer Carriage Works in Tenterden. It was acquired by the Kent & East Sussex Raiwlay in 1916. Initially it was used between Rolvenden station and Tenterden itself, but after the line had been extended it remained in use until 1923, working from Tenterden Stown Station. Among the more notable passengers known to have been carried by this vehicle were Dame Ellen Terry and the Right Honourable Arthur Balfour.

Details

Category:
Road Vehicles (Railway)
Object Number:
1975-7059/1
type:
omnibus
credit:
British Rail, Historical Relics